Friday, June 13, 2008

Clean Sweep!


For the past week, I have been working on a project, little by little. My office/scrap studio. Since I work from home, I spend a lot of time in this room. For over a year now it has been in limbo. Not quite an office . . .not quite a scrap haven . . .but more of a "catch all" for our family clutter. NO MORE, I TELL YOU!

While my mom was visiting last week, I put on my "Mr. Clean" gear, white t-shirt, shaved my head and started the cleaning process (okay, I didn't shave my head, but Mr. Clean does have a great look :). I was determined to get everything organized and make this space a great one for me to work and play. I saw the light at the end of the tunnel 2 days ago and I wish I had taken a "before" pic of this room. Fortunately, I found a pic online that is quite similar to the situation I was in:


Now, this room was actually a little more organized than mine and it didn't have laundry and baby furniture - so I give kudos this person for being one level cleaner than me!


Anyway, last night I took pics of the NEW office/scrap studio. It is not yet finished, but it is pretty darn close:




And with that behind me, I was able to scrap some last night for the first time in a LOOOOOONG time. Here's the layout for Brice's 3rd birthday photos:
I found things this past week that I forgotten even existed! Memories, photos, certificates, articles, and all kinds of "treasures." It's amazing how productive you can be when you get rid of some clutter. Sometimes I need to clean out some "life" and "habit" closets and organize things so that I can be who God is calling me to be and be the wife and mother I am meant to be.
Now, to keep it clean is a whole different ballgame. It takes that "daily sweep" to ensure that our lives don't get cluttered once again. All it takes is one item at a time to add up and take us back to that dark and scary place where we can't move, can't really function as the Lord would have us to. I didn't like that place and I don't plan on going back. I am enjoying the freedom to move, be creative and enjoy my work once again. This is how it's supposed to be. Now . . .I better go sweep!




1 comment:

Kendra Haneline said...

okay, i'm jealous... you have a scrapping room.... one day, one day. my house is so little that i have all my stamping stuff crammed in a little corner in the kitchen under my bar. at least i have a space... now if i can just get to working on my scrapbooks instead of cards!

Psalm 116:12-14

"How can I repay the Lord for all his goodness to me? I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord. I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people."