Saturday, June 21, 2008

Happy Birthday!!!


Yesterday was Billy's birthday. He was at a training seminar all day and we were able to meet him for dinner last night. We had a great time and Brice somehow thought it was still his birthday - the balloons, the singing - ofcourse it was all for him . . .not DADDY!
As I said before June is a month of celebration all the way around in our household, so this weekend Billy is churning homemade butter pecan ice cream (from my mother's stash of recipes - thanks, mom!) and we are once again having a little party - since Daddy was away most of his birthday. The Scooby-Doo decorations are still up and we will probably wear those masks again just to be silly and allow Brice to once again feel that he is the center of the celebration.
I look at Billy and to me he hasn't aged a bit, but he is different than the guy I first met in college. The guy who would come by my desk in Old Testament class and put candy there to get my attention (I think in reality it was to get a look at my homework, lol.) I remember the first time he called me and I didn't know who he was, but he was determined to keep me on that phone and eventually he asked me out. I should have known something was up when our first date was to a crusade. Nonetheless we had a great time and so as we are entering this next week when we will celebrate our anniversary, I will no doubt share more about this wonderful man that I have married and some of the funny memories that have kept me laughing all these years. But for this day I say "Happy Birthday, Babe." And we will wear our Scooby masks and toast our kool-aid cups to you!

1 comment:

Patricia said...

Hi Jennifer. I "found" your blog through your myspace page - welcome to blogging. I've been blogging for about 3 years, though not always at blogger.

Happy Birthday to Billy. Louis' birthday was Monday, and Mason will be two on Tuesday.

And Happy Anniversary to you and Billy.

Speaking of Billy - I really need to talk to him before Monday, so please ask him to give me call.

Have a blessed day!

Psalm 116:12-14

"How can I repay the Lord for all his goodness to me? I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord. I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people."