Monday, June 16, 2008

Answered Prayer

I just needed to share what else happened yesterday (Father's Day) at church. I had been praying for the past 2 weeks that I would cross paths with the gentleman that recovered my wallet. I wanted to share with him how thankful I was and to offer him some kind of reward or just help HIM in some way. I couldn't remember what he looked like, so I was praying that the Lord would help me recognize this man, when and if I saw him.
Sooooo. At the end of the service yesterday, I am putting away equipment and rolling microphone cords when 2 people walk towards the stage. One I knew and spoke with right away. The other I did not know but I smiled and said "Hello." I assumed they were there to speak with someone else who was also working on the stage. WRONG. My friend got my attention and said "I believe you have been looking for this man." She pointed to the guy next to her.
CUE THE TEARS. Yes, I think I literally jumped off the stage (okay it's not that high, but I am not a jumper) and through tears I tried to thank this man once again and explain just how much of a blessing he had been to me, my family and our church. I expressed how glad I was that he was there (at church) to visit with us and went on and on about how I had prayed for this moment. I am not a "hugger" but I asked this man if I could hug him. I think I freaked him out a little, but the Lord had answered this prayer for me to see him again and I was so grateful.
What is also interesting is that once again our family went to the grocery store after lunch yesterday to pick up a couple of items and there that same gentleman was - walking out of the store once again, just like he had 2 weeks before, probably not too far behind me.
We never know who is walking behind us and learning from our "walk." So I have to ask myself a question. What kind of impression am I leaving for those who will be walking behind me on this journey?

No comments:

Psalm 116:12-14

"How can I repay the Lord for all his goodness to me? I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord. I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people."