Sunday, June 8, 2008

Birthday Boy











My baby will turn 3 years old on Tuesday, but we had a "pre-birthday" celebration for him today at the house. We invited several of his friends and had cake, ice cream, games and a special surprise from some of his local heroes. He had a blast and we did too.

It was great to see him open his gifts because this was the first time he didn't need any help doing that. It was bittersweet. No more does he need Mommy to help tear the paper - nope. He's a big boy now. He had no trouble ripping into those gifts! His favorite phrase is "I got this Mommy . . .I got this."

Our birthday theme was "Scooby Doo" and we had the masks, the cake, the decorations, the plates, the napkins - and on, and on and on. We were even playing the Scooby Doo movie in the background. The masks were so cute. Daddy even got to wear one.

It was too hot to play outside, so the majority of the play was in Brice's room. He shared all his toys and was a great host to his friends. Mommy was extremely proud!

All in all, it was a fun time for everyone. June sure is a busy month for our family. Brice's birthday is June 10. Billy's birthday is June 20. And our anniversary is June 28. That's a lot to celebrate in June. I better to get to work on birthday number 2!

No comments:

Psalm 116:12-14

"How can I repay the Lord for all his goodness to me? I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord. I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people."