Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Today is the first day of 2009.....my mom's birthday (Happy Birthday, Grandma!)...and the first day we have completely spent outside in quite some time (minus the much needed nap, ofcourse.) It was beautiful here in FL today and Brice helped me to relocate some plants, sweep the back patio and redecorate our little outdoor area. I think Brice would live outside if I would let him, and today was one of those that the humidity was low and there was a nice breeze.....I wish it was like this in JULY!!!

We had several close calls with our time outside today.....Brice decided to climb the outside of his playset, which is quite high and unfortunately got stuck. Daddy was there to rescue him, thank goodness. Mommy didn't think she could get up there and really didn't want a youtube video from the neighbors of her trying!

Something else to document for this new year is that Brice has slept on the sofa in the living room since he came out of the crib. That has been A LONG TIME. He has been too scared to stay in his room....that is until last week. Grandma somehow worked her magic and now Brice is sleeping in his bed every night---ALL NIGHT. Ahhhhhh....it has been wonderful. Thanks, Grandma.

There's no telling what 2009 will bring, but with the Lord as our focus, we step forward and grow in Him each day. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Psalm 116:12-14

"How can I repay the Lord for all his goodness to me? I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord. I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people."