Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Choices

Yesterday my back tooth began to hurt once again (after one round of antibiotics and pain killers....and waiting to find out about our new insurance coverage) and my dentist was kind enough to prescribe another round of meds in hopes that I would be able to get this much needed root canal next week.

So, Billy and Brice were going to pick up my prescriptions on their way home. Billy had told Brice that Mommy was sick (which is true....not just the tooth pain, but a cold is taking over my body). Billy also told Brice that if he was a good boy at the store, he would get a surprise. That always puts Brice into "let's see what we can find" mode. After picking up the prescription, Billy and Brice go to find a "surprise" when they pass the flower stand. Brice asks if they can get flowers for Mommy and Billy tells Brice that they can either get a surprise or flowers for Mommy, but not both. Billy said that Brice smiled up at him and said, "Daddy, I would like to give flowers to Mommy so she will feel better." So they picked out some flowers and a lady standing nearby was crying and said "That's just the sweetest thing I've ever heard!"

I thought so too.

Those are the some of the most precious flowers I have ever received...second only to this one (on my first Mother's Day):

No comments:

Psalm 116:12-14

"How can I repay the Lord for all his goodness to me? I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord. I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people."